Curso de Inglês Básico




Aqui ao lado você encontrará o índice para poder navegar nas aulas do curso de inglês básico.

Curso de Espanhol Básico

Aqui ao lado você encontrará o índice para poder navegar nas aulas do curso.

Portuguese For Fereigners

Portuguese for English speakers.

Curso de Preposições em Inglês

sexta-feira, 8 de junho de 2007

Mary and I or Mary and me?

A problem of case

Mary and I are delighted to be here today.(NOT Mary and me)
The letter was addressed to Mary and me.(NOT Mary and I)
In 1, "Mary and I" are subjects, which is why the pronoun takes the subjective case ("I").
In 2, "Mary and me" are objects, which is why the pronoun takes the objective case ("me").
An easy way to check the correct case is to try the sentence without Mary.
Would you say "I am delighted to be here" or "Me am delighted to be here"?
Would you say "The letter was addressed to me" or "The letter was addressed to I"?

http://www.englishclub.com/grammar/pronouns-case.htm

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário